Food Pantries, Hot Meals, and other Programs
Served by Friendship Donations Network in Tompkins and nearby counties
Updated: September 1, 2016
FDN provides produce, breads, desserts, dairy, deli, and groceries (if available) to the programs listed below.
Printable PDF now available: FDN_Programs_Served_Sept16
- Loaves and Fishes. Free daily meals. All are welcome. No income guidelines. St. John’s Church, 210 N. Cayuga St., Ithaca; Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 12pm; Tuesday, Thursday at 5:30 pm.
- Food is shared with Freedom Village USA, Ithaca Youth Bureau Paul Schreurs Memorial Program.
- Tompkins Community Action Food Pantry. 701 Spencer Road. 2:30 – 4:30pm
- Lansing Food Pantry, 4th Mondays only. The Rink 1767 East Shore Drive, Lansing, 1:00-3:00pm.
- Caroline Food Pantry, 1st and 3rd Mondays. Brooktondale Community Center, 524 Valley Road, Brooktondale, 5:00-7:00pm.
- Immaculate Conception Church Food Pantry. 113 N. Geneva St., Ithaca, 1:00-2:00pm.
- Healthy Tuesdays at Groton Public Library, 112 E. Cortland St., Groton, 6:00pm.
- Tompkins Community Action Food Pantry. 701 Spencer Road. Tuesdays 10:30am – 1:30pm.
- Bread of Life Food Pantry. 1 Water Street, Candor, 3:00-5:30pm.
- Halsey Valley Helping Hands Pantry. GAR Building, Hamilton Rd, Halsey Valley, 2–2:45 pm. No Halsey Valley Pantry on the 3rd Thursday.
- Food is shared with Community Justice Center/Alternatives to Incarceration, Renovation House, A Place to Stay, and Spencer Kitchen Cupboard.
- Danby Food Pantry, 3rd Thursday only. Danby residents only. Danby Federated Church, 1859 Danby Road, Danby, 3:00-6:00pm.
- Interlaken Reformed Church Pantry. 8315 Main Street, Interlaken, 3:00-6:00pm.
- Food is shared with non-profit programs: Dryden O.U.R.S and Y.O.U.R.S.; Ithaca Kitchen Cupboard; New Roots Charter School; Rescue Mission; Second Wind Cottages; Women’s Opportunity Center; outreach to low-wage work sites, senior housing and rural families.
- Food Not Bombs, serving free vegan food at Shawn Greenwood Park/DeWitt Park, 12:00pm.
- Free hot meal served at Salvation Army. 150 N. Albany St, Ithaca. Saturday 12pm; Sunday 3pm (not an FDN program).
- Food for All, Lodi’s Community Pantry, Lodi Presbyterian Church just south of the village of Lodi on Rte. 414, 3pm–6pm.
- 1st Saturday: Southside Community Center Pantry, 305 S. Plain St, Ithaca, 12-2pm.
- 2nd Saturday: Grace Lee Wesleyan Church Pantry. 2075 Chambers Rd., Beaver Dams, 1pm.
- 3rd Saturday: Linderman Creek Pantry. 201 Cypress Court, Ithaca, Community Room, 12pm.
- 3rd Saturday: Calvary Baptist Church Pantry, Open to All. 507 N. Albany St., Ithaca, 10am-12pm.
- 4th Saturday: McLean Community Church. 50 Church St, McLean, 1:30-2:15pm.
- Last Saturday: Southside Community Center Pantry, 305 S. Plain St, Ithaca, 12-2pm.
Sundays (Alternating Weeks):
- West Village Apartments Distribution. (9/4, 9/18) Chestnut St., Ithaca, 12:30pm.
- Overlook Apartments Pantry. (9/4, 9/18) 1263 Trumansburg Rd, Ithaca, Community Room, 12-12:30pm.
- Reach Out For Christ Church Pantry, Open to All. (9/11, 9/25) 318 Johnson Road, Freeville, 1-2pm.
For a complete listing of daily pantries, see:
- Ithaca Journal, “Daily Events”, page 2B
- Weekly Advantage/Pennysaver