Food Pantries, Hot Meals, and other Programs
Served by Friendship Donations Network in Tompkins and nearby counties
Last updated: December 31, 2014
FDN provides produce, breads, desserts, dairy, deli, and groceries (if available) to the programs listed below.
- Loaves and Fishes. Free daily meals. All are welcome. No income guidelines. St. John’s Church, 210 N. Cayuga St., Ithaca; Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 12pm; Tuesday, Thursday at 5:30 pm.
- Food is shared with Freedom Village USA and clients at Women’s Opportunity Center.
- Lansing Food Pantry, 1/26 only. The Rink 1767 East Shore Drive, Lansing, 1:00-3:00pm.
- Immaculate Conception Church Food Pantry. 113 N. Geneva St., Ithaca, 1:00-2:00pm.
- Healthy Tuesdays at Groton Public Library, 112 E. Cortland St., Groton, 6:00pm.
- Bread of Life Food Pantry. 1 Water Street, Candor, 3:00-5:30pm. Closed Dec. 31.
- Halsey Valley Helping Hands Pantry. GAR Building, Hamilton Rd, Halsey Valley, 4-4:45 pm. No Halsey Valley Pantry on the 3rd Thursday. Open on Jan. 1 at 1pm.
- Food is shared with Community Justice Center/Alternatives to Incarceration, Ithaca Youth Bureau programs, and Rescue Mission.
- Danby Food Pantry, 3rd Thursday only. Danby residents only. Danby Federated Church, 1859 Danby Road, Danby, 3:00-6:00pm.
- Interlaken Reformed Church Pantry. 8315 Main Street, Interlaken, 3:00-6:00pm.
- Food is shared with non-profit programs: Bright Futures program, Cayuga Addiction and Recovery Services; Dryden O.U.R.S and Y.O.U.R.S.; New Roots Charter School; Rescue Mission; outreach to low-wage work sites, senior housing and rural families.
- Free hot meal served at Salvation Army. 150 N. Albany St, Ithaca. Saturday 12pm; Sunday 3pm (not an FDN program).
- 1st Saturday: Catlin First Methodist Church Pantry. 402 Chambers Rd., Horseheads, 2-4pm.
- 2nd Saturday: Grace Lee Wesleyan Church Pantry. 2075 Chambers Rd., Beaver Dams, 1pm.
- 3rd Saturday: Linderman Creek Pantry. 201 Cypress Court, Ithaca Community Room, 12pm.
- 3rd Saturday: Calvary Baptist Church Pantry, Open to All. 507 N. Albany St., Ithaca. 10am-12pm.
- 4th Saturday: McLean Community Church. 50 Church St, McLean, 1:30-2:15pm.
Sundays (Alternating Weeks):
- West Village Apartments Distribution. (1/11, 1/25) Chestnut St., Ithaca, 2:00 – 3:00pm.
- Overlook Apartments. (1/11, 1/25) 1263 Trumansburg Rd, Ithaca, Community Room, 12-12:30pm.
- Reach Out For Christ Church Pantry. (1/4, 1/18) 318 Johnson Road, Freeville, 12-2pm.
- Distribution to housing communities in downtown Ithaca. (1/4, 1/18).
- Limit: 1 pantry per week.
- Suggested Monthly Income: 1 person -$1,800; 2 people – $2,100; 3 people – up to $2,300; 4 people – to $2,600
For a complete listing of daily pantries, see:
- Ithaca Journal, “Daily Events”, page 2B
- Weekly Advantage/Pennysaver
- Tompkins Weekly