Food Distribution Programs
Food Pantries, Hot Meals, and other Programs Served by Friendship Donations Network in Tompkins and nearby counties
Updated: February 3, 2017
FDN provides produce, breads, desserts, dairy, deli, and groceries (if available) to the programs listed below.
Printable PDF now available: FDN_Programs_Served_Feb17
- Loaves and Fishes. Free daily meals. All are welcome. No income guidelines. St. John’s Church, 210 N. Cayuga St., Ithaca; Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 12pm; Tuesday, Thursday at 5:30 pm.
- Food is shared with Ithaca Youth Bureau Paul Schreurs Memorial Program, Ithaca High School PTA, Our Children’s Future, Freedom Village USA, The William George Agency, The Jenkins Center, and Varna After School Program.
- Tompkins Community Action Food Pantry. 701 Spencer Road. 2:30 – 4:30pm.
- Lansing Food Pantry, 4th Mondays only. The Rink 1767 East Shore Drive, Lansing, 1:00-3:00pm.
- Caroline Food Pantry, 1st and 3rd Mondays. Brooktondale Community Center, 524 Valley Road, Brooktondale, 5:00-7:00pm.
- GIVE- Giving Involves Virtually Everyone, 4th Mondays only. Lehman Alternative Community School, 111 Chestnut St., 5:00–6:30pm.
- Immaculate Conception Church Food Pantry. 113 N. Geneva St., Ithaca, 1:00-2:00pm.
- Healthy Tuesdays at Groton Public Library, 112 E. Cortland St., Groton, 6:00pm.
- Tompkins Community Action Food Pantry. 701 Spencer Road. Tuesdays 10:30am – 1:30pm.
- Bread of Life Food Pantry. 1 Water Street, Candor, 3:00-5:30pm.
- Halsey Valley Helping Hands Pantry. GAR Building, Hamilton Rd, Halsey Valley, 2–2:45 pm. No Halsey Valley Pantry on the 3rd Thursday.
- Food is shared with Community Justice Center/Alternatives to Incarceration, Renovation House, A Place to Stay, Ultimate Reentry Opportunity program, The Advocacy Center.
- Danby Food Pantry, 3rd Thursday only. Danby residents only. Danby Federated Church, 1859 Danby Road, Danby, 3:00-6:00pm.
- Spencer Van Etten Community Food Cupboard. All residents of the Spencer Van Etten school district welcome. Spencer Federated Church, 70 N. Main St., Spencer. January to October, 2017: 2nd Thursday of the month 5–6 pm and 4th Thursday of the month 9:30–10:30 am.
- Interlaken Reformed Church Pantry. 8315 Main Street, Interlaken, 3:00-6:00pm.
- Food is shared with non-profit programs, including: Big Brothers Big Sisters, Dryden O.U.R.S and Y.O.U.R.S.; Ithaca Kitchen Cupboard; New Roots Charter School; Rescue Mission; Second Wind Cottages; Varna After School Program; 4-H Urban Outreach, outreach to low-wage work sites, senior housing and rural families.
- Food Not Bombs, serving free vegan food at Shawn Greenwood Park/DeWitt Park, 12:00pm.
- Free hot meal served at Salvation Army. 150 N. Albany St, Ithaca. Saturday 12pm; Sunday 3pm.
- Food for All, Lodi’s Community Pantry, Lodi Presbyterian Church just south of the village of Lodi on Rte. 414, 3pm–6pm.
- 1st Saturday: Southside Community Center Pantry, 305 S. Plain St, Ithaca, 12-2pm.
- 2nd Saturday: Grace Lee Wesleyan Church Pantry. 2075 Chambers Rd., Beaver Dams, 1pm.
- 3rd Saturday: Linderman Creek Pantry. 201 Cypress Court, Ithaca, Community Room, 12pm.
- 3rd Saturday: Calvary Baptist Church Pantry, Open to All. 507 N. Albany St., Ithaca, 10am-12pm.
- 4th Saturday: McLean Community Church. 50 Church St, McLean, 1:30-2:15pm.
- Last Saturday: Southside Community Center Pantry, 305 S. Plain St, Ithaca, 12-2pm.
Sundays (Alternating Weeks):
- West Village Apartments Distribution. (2/5, 2/19) Chestnut St., Ithaca, 12:30pm.
- Overlook Apartments Pantry. (2/5,2/19) 1263 Trumansburg Rd, Ithaca, Community Room, 12-12:30pm.
- Reach Out For Christ Church Pantry, Open to All. (1/1, 1/15, 1/29) 318 Johnson Road, Freeville, 1-2pm.
For a complete listing of daily pantries, see:
- Ithaca Journal, “Daily Events”, page 2B
- Weekly Advantage/Pennysaver