Neighborhood Food Hubs
Don’t Let Your Veggies Grow Up to be Compost!
Have extra produce from your garden or CSA share? Donate it!
Contact us if you would like to host a Neighborhood Food Hub this season!
See below for a link to Mutual Aid Food Sharing Locations and FDN’s Neighborhood Food Hubs that are active now.
Area gardeners have donated more than 27,000 pounds of produce since the program began in 2013!
Purpose of Neighborhood Food Hubs
- Help home gardeners donate their extra garden bounty.
- Connect neighbors and communities to fresh, healthy, hyper-local food.
- Reduce waste.
How Hubs Help
- Improve community access to fresh food.
- Raise awareness about the impact of homegrown food.
- Rescue lovingly grown food from an untimely end at the compost heap.
2022 Neighborhood Food Hub locations and schedule:
*Denotes Give & Take hubs where everyone is welcome to take what they can use in addition to sharing their surplus. Other hubs accept donations to be shared with the programs listed below.
Find a Mutual Aid Food Sharing Location near you! https://mutualaidtompkins.com/food-sharing/locations
- Caroline Food Pantry, 522 Valley Rd, Brooktondale. 1st & 3rd Mondays 10am–12pm. Contact John (607) 539-6810.
- Groton Public Library, 112 E. Cortland St. 24/7 *Give & Take hub. Contact Sara Knobel (607) 898-5055.
- Ithaca Catholic Worker Peter De Mott House, 411 South Plain Street, Every day 9 am– 7pm *Give & Take hub
- The Learning Farm, 272 Enfield Falls Rd. Ithaca, 24/7 *Give & Take hub
- YMCA, 50 Graham Rd, Monday & Friday 11 am–4 pm *Give & Take hub
- Newfield Kitchen Cupboard at Newfield United Methodist Church, 227 Main St, Newfield, 1st & 3rd Wednesdays 8 am-5 pm.
- Jacksonville Community United Methodist Church, 1869 Trumansburg Rd, Trumansburg, 24/7 *Give & Take hub
Read more about FDN’s Neighborhood Food Hubs:
Give Garden Surplus to Those Who Need It Most Through Our 17 Food Hubs, by Linda Myers, August 2016.
“Food Hubs Help Distribute Surplus Produce” by Linda Brandt Myers. Tompkins Weekly, June 8, 2015. Signs of Sustainability series, page 8.