Food Distribution Programs
Food Pantries, Hot Meals, and other Programs Served by Friendship Donations Network in Tompkins and nearby counties
Friendship Donations Network (FDN) provides produce, breads, desserts, dairy, deli, and groceries (if available) to the programs listed below. For a complete listing of food pantries and community meals in Tompkins County, please visit: hsctc.org/food.
Updated February 11, 2020 (Printer-friendly version: FDN_Programs_Served_Feb20)
Monday – Friday:
- Loaves and Fishes. Free meals. All are welcome. No income guidelines. St. John’s Church, 210 N. Cayuga St., Ithaca; Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 12pm; Tuesday, Thursday at 5:30 pm.
- Ithaca Kitchen Cupboard. 150 N. Albany St., Ithaca; Mon.–Thurs. 1:30–3:00pm, Fri. 1–2:30pm.
- St. John’s Community Services, 618 W. State Street Ithaca; Mon – Fri 1:30-2:30pm and Tues – Fri 9:30-10:30am
- Caroline Food Pantry, 1st and 3rd Mondays. Brooktondale Community Center, 524 Valley Road, Brooktondale, 5:00-7:00pm.
- Enfield Food Distribution. Enfield Community Building, 182 Enfield Main Rd. 1:30–3:30pm. Enfield residents only.
- Lansing Food Pantry, 2nd Monday 10am-11am all are welcome. 4th Mondays 1pm-3pm, Lansing residents only. The Rink, 1767 East Shore Drive, Lansing, 1:00 – 3:00pm.
- GIVE- Giving Involves Virtually Everyone, 4th Mondays only. 5–5:30pm at LACS, 5:30–6pm at West Village Apts.
- Immaculate Conception Pantry, CLOSED TEMPORARILY for environmental cleanup.
- Healthy Tuesdays at Groton Public Library, 112 E. Cortland St., Groton, 6:00pm.
- Tompkins Community Action Pantry, 701 Spencer Rd, Ithaca, 1p-4p bring your own bags.
- Bread of Life Food Pantry. 1 Water St., Candor, 3:00-5:30pm. Residents of the Candor school district only.
- Newfield Kitchen Cupboard. 227 Main St, Newfield, 1st and 3rd Weds only, 6:00-7:00pm.
- Halsey Valley Helping Hands Pantry. GAR Building, Hamilton Rd, Halsey Valley, 2–2:45 pm.
- Danby Food Pantry, 3rd Thursday only. Danby Federated Church, 1859 Danby Rd., Danby, 3:00–6:00pm. Danby residents only.
- Spencer Van Etten Community Food Cupboard. Residents of the Spencer Van Etten school district. Spencer Federated Church, 70 N. Main St., Spencer.
- Interlaken Reformed Church Pantry. 8315 Main Street, Interlaken, 3:00–6:00pm.
- Food Not Bombs, serving free vegan food at Shawn Greenwood Park/DeWitt Park, 12:00pm.
- Free hot meal served at Salvation Army. 150 N. Albany St, Ithaca. Saturday 12pm; Sunday 3pm.
- Lodi’s Community Pantry Food for All, Lodi Presbyterian Church just south of the village of Lodi on Rte. 414, 3pm–6pm.
- 1st and 4th Saturday: Southside Community Center Pantry, 305 S. Plain St, Ithaca, 12-2pm.
- 2nd Saturday: Grace Lee Wesleyan Church Pantry. 2075 Chambers Rd., Beaver Dams, 1pm.
- 2nd and 4th Saturday Groton Food Providers, 101 McKinley Ave, Groton, 10-11:30 am. Groton residents only.
- 3rd Saturday: Linderman Creek Pantry. 201 Cypress Court, Ithaca Community Room, 12pm.
- 3rd Saturday: Calvary Baptist Church Pantry. 507 N. Albany St., Ithaca, 12-3pm
- 4th Saturday: McLean Community Church Pantry. 50 Church St, McLean, 1:30-2:15pm.
- Reach Out For Christ Church Pantry. 318 Johnson Road, Freeville, 1:00–2:00pm.
- Enfield Food Distribution. Enfield Community Building, 182 Enfield Main Rd. 12:00–1:00pm. Enfield residents only.
- New Testament Church of Peruville. Route 34B and Peruville Rd. 12:00-1:00pm.
Sundays (Alternating Weeks):
- Overlook Apartments. (2/16, 3/1) 1263 Trumansburg Rd, Ithaca, Community Room, 12:00–12:30pm.
Food is also shared with community programs, including:
- 4-H Urban Outreach
- Alliance of Families for Justice
- A Place to Stay, Catholic Charities
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Child Development Council
- Civic Ensemble
- College Discovery Program
- College Initiative Upstate
- Cornell Bread N’ Butter Pantry
- Day Reporting Program OAR
- Dryden O.U.R.S and Y.O.U.R.S
- Finger Lakes ReUse
- Garden Apartments
- Global Roots Play School
- Ithaca College Food Pantry
- Ithaca Free Clinic Food Pharmacy
- Ithaca High School PTA
- Ithaca Youth Bureau Paul Schreurs Memorial Program
- Lansing Summer Lunchbox
- Multicultural Resource Center: Mentors for Change, Youth Fellows
- New Roots Free Food Fridays
- Open Doors
- Our Children’s Future
- Rainbow Healing Center
- REACH Medical
- Renovation House
- Rural Youth Services
- Salvation Army
- Second Wind Cottages
- NEW Dec ‘19: Southern Tier AIDS Program
- TC3 Panther Pantry
- The Advocacy Center
- The Jenkins Center, Mental Health Association
- TC Action: Supportive Housing Programs
- NEW Nov ‘19: TC Family Drug Treatment Court
- TC Recycling & Materials Management
- Varna After School Program
- Youth Farm Project
Friendship Donations Network rescues fresh, nutritious food that would otherwise be thrown away from stores and farms and redistributes it to neighbors in need. We provide food donations to hunger relief programs that serve more than 2000 people a week, and divert over 1,000 lbs. of good food from local landfill every day. A model of efficiency, founded in 1988 by Sara Pines, we are almost entirely volunteer-run. Learn more at: www.friendshipdonations.org.