What you can do to help reduce food waste:
Ask grocery stores and restaurants if they donate food.
Tell them about the Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Act.
- Loaves and Fishes of Tompkins County (weekday meals)
- Salvation Army of Ithaca, New York (weekend meals)
Regional Hunger Relief Programs
- Food Bank of the Southern Tier
- Food Link
- Human Services Coalition of Tompkins County: Food Resources
- Tompkins County Food Distribution Network
Nationwide Hunger Relief Programs
This study was conducted in December 2008 to evaluate the impact of FDN’s 26 programs.
This is an excerpt from a handbook authored by Sara Pines in 2005. The complete book is available for purchase for $8.35 + $2.00 in shipping. A revised version of the FDN Handbook is coming soon!